When trying to find variety for a healthy plate, I love to make this Roasted Veggie Medley. There is something so earthy and sweet about roasted veggies. While you can choose many different options for the veggies and spices, I like this one as a great all year round vegetable medley. You can also take this same recipe, cut the vegetables smaller , and use it to top focaccia, flatbread, or a veggie pizza. This versatility is what I love about this recipe. I often make extra so I will have leftovers to be used in other ways. So, let’s get started.
Roasted Veggie Medley
2 medium carrots
1 small zucchini (or half a large zucchini)
1 small yellow squash (or half a large yellow squash)
1 small onion
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp basil, dried
1/4 tsp oregano, dried
1/4 tsp parsley, dried
1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Gather all your veggies, make sure to wash off vegetables before cutting.
2. Cut the zucchini and yellow squash into half moons about a 1/4″ thick.
3. Cut the carrots in medallions about 1/4″ thick.
4. Cut the onions into wedges that are about 1/2″ thick.
5. Place all the vegetables in a bowl and gather your seasonings.
6. Place all your ingredients in the bowl and mix well together.
7. Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet pan. Bake at 400F until veggies are the desired tenderness and slightly caramelized. This will take approximately 15 minutes but it depends on how al dente you prefer your veggies to be. Make sure to turn over the veggies and mix them around in the cooking process.