Truth be told, I am not a huge sprinkle cookie fan, but when my son came to me and asked if we could adapt a recipe he had seen so I could eat them, I could not resist. The end result was one of the fluffiest, moist, and amazing cookies I have ever eaten. I am so proud of my son for really considering joining me in the treats. I am blessed to see that my little sensory kid, is starting to blossom and open up his eyes and doors to new possibilities. This is a recipe to get down and dirty with your kids with.
Decadent Disco Ball Cookies
1 cup softened vegan butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg (or egg substitute, For this recipe I would recommend banana for an added flavor element.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup real maple syrup
4 cups gluten-free flour blend
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Sprinkles or other toppings to roll around in
- If you don’t like sprinkles, you could also roll the cookies in granulated sugar, chopped nuts, coconut, or other toppings. The possibilities are only limited to your imagination.
- You don’t have to use incredibly expensive maple syrup, most grocery stores have their own variety that is quite inexpensive.
- For colorful variations, you can add a drop of food coloring in to really make a special cookie.
- For a cool treat, you can place some ice cream between two of the cookies for an ice cream sandwich that is delicious & nutritious!
Alright, now that we have everyone ready. Let’s get started!
1.In a bowl, place the vegan butter and brown sugar.
2.Mix together until creamy and smooth.
3.Add the egg (or egg replacement), vanilla, and maple syrup to the mix and stir thoroughly.
4.Add the baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar and mix well.
5. Add the gluten-free flour blend and mix well.
6.Form balls with the dough that are about 1″ wide and then roll into desired topping. Place on a greased cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
7. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.