If I had to pick the cake that summed up my childhood memories, it would have to be Pineapple Upside Down Cake. What could you ask for more of than a dessert that combines cake, fruit, and deliciousness? While there are so many different methods on how to do the perfect Pineapple Upside Down Cake, I would have to say this one is pretty amazing. As with all my other recipes, I encourage you to play a little and create a recipe all your own. Who knows what amazing culinary adventure awaits!
Simply Pineapply Upside Down Cake
3 Tbsp Vegan Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1(20 oz) can Crushed Pineapple
1 cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Whipped Cream (optional)
Alright now pack your bags, we are going on a tropical dessert destination. Let’s get started!
1.Preheat oven to 325F and grease the muffin tins with cooking spray.
2.Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
3. Add the brown sugar to the melted butter, stir, and set aside.
4.Measure out 1/2 cup of juice from the pineapple and set it aside.
5.In the bottom of each muffin pan, add a heaping teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture to it. Then add a teaspoon of the crushed pineapple on top.
6. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
7. In another large bowl, crack the eggs into them and whisk until smooth.
8. To the eggs add the oil, sugar, vanilla, and pineapple juice. Mix until smooth.
9. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient and whisk until smooth and combined.
10. Fill each of the muffin cups to the top with the prepared batter.
11. Bake the cupcakes for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once done, let them cool for 15 minutes before unmolding them.