So, I have to admit, I absolutely love corn dishes. Corn is such a versatile and sweet vegetable to me. Over the years, I have been to many gatherings that had corn pudding as a regular side. This is where my affinity for corn pudding began. There is something very savory and delicious about this casserole dish. So, with my son’s help and determination, I set out to develop a recipe that I could actually eat as well. After a little finagling, we came up with a corn pudding recipe that will leave everyone in disbelief that there is no dairy or gluten to be found inside. So, let’s start by gathering up the ingredients.
Savory Corn Pudding
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter
- 1/3 cup Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 2-(15 oz) cans of corn
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 cup Dairy-Free shredded cheddar cheese
- You can use any milk substitute for the Almond Milk if you choose. Just remember that alternative milks like Coconut Milk will alter the taste of the casserole.
- I used fresh Thyme for this recipe, but dry Thyme can also be used as well
- If you want to amp up the spice a little, you can use canned mexican corn instead of regular corn, it will add a little bit of a kick to the dish.
Alright, so now that we have all the ingredients together, Let’s Get Started!
1.Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare a 9X13 Casserole Pan with cooking spray.
3. Place butter into a microwave safe dish and melt the butter completely.
4. Gather together the Gluten-Free Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Garlic Powder, and Sugar.
5. Place the dry ingredients together in a sifter and sift them into another bowl.
6. Gather up the eggs. Crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl, check for egg shell fragments, then dump into bigger bowl.
7. Add the almond milk into the mixing bowl. Whisk together until completely mixed.
8. Add the Gluten-Free Flour and Melted Butter to the egg mixture. Whisk together thoroughly making sure that all the Gluten-Free Flour is completely incorporated.
9. Add the thyme to the egg mixture. Whisk until the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
10. Add the Shredded Dairy-Free Cheese to the egg mixture. Whisk together until thoroughly incorporated.
11. Once thoroughly mixed, pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
12. Bake at 350F for 50 minutes, or until the casserole is browned and no longer jiggly.